Sunday, June 26, 2011

Anthropologie Lace Flower Necklace: Updated

As seen on Tatertots & Jello, as well as Little Miss Momma  

 

So I completely LOVED this tutorial and necklace. But I felt it was just way too big for me. I don't wear a lot of jewelry, but I really liked the idea of using one of the flowers as an accent piece. This is what I came up with:

First, Follow the tutorial above to make the flowers.

Step One: Cut another circle from felt and hot glue it to the back, I did this to add more stiffness to the flower. 

Step Two: Choose clip or pin back you would like to use, I made one of each. I chose the alligator clip so that I could clip it to necklaces I already had (see before/after picture), and I also chose the pin so that I could wear it separately on a sweater or t-shirt.

Step Three: Hot glue it to the back, and you are set!